Braeden E. Lord
Attorney, Elrod Friedman LLP
About Braeden Lord
Braeden Lord received his Juris Doctor degree, with honors, from the University of Chicago Law School in 2021. He was recognized for achieving the highest scores in his Property and Real Estate Transaction courses.
While in law school, Braeden served as President of the University of Chicago Real Estate Law Club, represented affordable housing developers as part of the Law School’s Housing Initiative Transactional Clinic, and worked as a legal intern with real estate developer Related Midwest.
Prior to law school, Braeden practiced real estate brokerage across Chicagoland, representing both commercial and residential tenants and property owners.
As part of the Firm’s land use and municipal law practice, Braeden counsels local governments on a wide range of topics including zoning, licensing and permitting, governance, policy, and statutory compliance, including compliance with the Illinois Freedom of Information Act, Illinois Open Meetings Act, Prevailing Wage Act, and Illinois State Officials and Employees Ethics Act.
Braeden also represents property owners and developers in a variety of real estate, entitlement, and transactional projects.
- University of Chicago Law School, J.D., with honors
- Boston College, B.A.
- Real Estate Broker, Illinois
- Chicago Bar Association
- Near South Planning Board, Membership Committee
- Real Estate Investment Association, Emerging Leaders Committee
- Retail Brokers Network
- “U.S. Supreme Court Considers Constitutionality of “Off-Premise” Sign Regulations Under First Amendment,” Client Alert, December 7, 2021
- Assisted with obtaining special use approval from the Chicago Zoning Board of Appeals for approximately 10,000 square foot cannabis infusing facility in the West Loop.