Christina T. Lynch
Attorney, Elrod Friedman LLP
About Christina Lynch
Christina Lynch practices in the areas of local government, election law and electoral board governance, and real estate. Christina has extensive experience advising government leadership on legal and compliance matters including litigation, real estate tax and tax exemption, labor and employment, diversity, discrimination, public policy, Freedom of Information Act and Open Meetings Act requirements, and constitutional, federal, state, municipal, and county legal matters. Christina also has deep and broad experience in the assessment of taxable property, property exempt from taxation, property tax incentive programs, and residential and other real estate transactions.
Christina previously served as Legal Counsel and Ethics Officer at the Cook County Assessor’s Office. She acted as internal legal advisor to the Assessor on litigation and all matters related to the statutory powers of the Assessor and the Cook County Assessor’s Office. Prior to her service at the Assessor’s Office, Christina worked as Staff Attorney to Cook County Clerk, David Orr, focused on election law, electoral board governance, and administration of the Vote By Mail program. Prior to her service in county government, Christina worked as a litigator in the private sector representing individual and corporate clients in Illinois State and Federal court.
- DePaul University College of Law, J.D., and Certificate in Criminal Law
- Miami University, B.A., in International Studies
- Northern District of Illinois
- Southern District of Illinois
- Northern District of Indiana
- Southern District of Indiana
- District of Colorado
- Chicago Bar Association
- 2 Electoral Boards (with D. Madden), ELECTION LAW, 2016 ed., Illinois Institute of Continuing Legal Education.
- Curbing Aggressive Police Tactics During Routine Traffic Stops in Illinois, 36 U. Chi. L.J. 819 (2005) (with J. Decker and C. Kopacz).
- Selected as an Illinois Rising Star in business litigation by Super Lawyers (2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015).
- Featured on the Top Women Attorneys in Illinois list of the October 2013 issue of Chicago Magazine.