Jeffrey N. Monteleone
Attorney, Elrod Friedman LLP
About Jeff Monteleone
Jeff Monteleone represents private and public sector clients on land use, zoning, and other local government regulatory matters. Jeff has significant experience in local government administration, policy development, personnel management, public sector labor agreements and overseeing public bidding. His practice focuses on:
- Government contracting and procurement
- Local government policy development
- Local government finance and taxation
- Election law
- Employment and labor
Jeff previously held various management roles within village governments in northern Illinois where he gained experience overseeing municipal departments and programs. He routinely produced analysis, memoranda and briefings to staff members and elected officials to facilitate effective decision making. Jeff’s experience as a local government manager gives him a seasoned approach to dealing with the issues that government organizations face on a day to day basis.
Jeff is also a veteran of the U.S. Marine Corps, and served for eight years around the globe advising senior military leaders on matters affecting national security.
- University of Illinois-Chicago John Marshall Law School, J.D.
- University of Illinois-Springfield, M.P.A.
- Temple University, B.A.
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- Chicago Bar Association
- Kane County Bar Association
HONORS & AWARDS
- Dean’s List, The John Marshall Law School, 2015, 2018
- Herzog Moot Court Competition, Second Place Oralist, 2016
- Willem C. Vis International Commercial Arbitration Competition, Participant, 2017
- Litigation Update: State and Federal Courts Continue to Uphold the Constitutionality of COVID-19 Executive Orders (with the exception of the Clay County Circuit Court) | Elrod Friedman Client Alert | August 13, 2020
- Governor Pritzker’s Open Meeting Act Suspension Authorized Under State Law During COVID-19 Emergency | Chicago Bar Record | May/June 2020