Megan R. Cawley
Attorney, Elrod Friedman LLP
About Megan Cawley
Megan Cawley focuses her practice on real estate, environmental and land use matters. She handles all aspects of complex residential and commercial real estate transactions. She has successfully completed the tax-deferred exchange of several properties, including an industrial complex and locally based single-entity industrial sites. In this capacity, Megan also handled the related environmental issues.
Megan has also represented companies before the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) and the Illinois State Human Rights Department. She has assisted clients in corporate matters, such as setting up corporations and drafting shareholder agreements, and has prepared employee handbooks, anti-harassment policies and substance abuse policies as well as client counseling in discrimination, wrongful discharge, Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA), Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and general personnel issues. Megan has also assisted in the sale and purchase of businesses of all types and sizes. She has drafted agreements and contracts for issues involved in general business matters as well as design (architect/engineer) agreements for professional services.
- DePaul University College of Law, J.D.
- National-Louis University, M.A.T.
- Northwestern University, B.A.
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit
- Chicago Bar Association
- Illinois State Bar Association
- Illinois Open Meetings Act: No Closed Session Can Discuss Employees as a Class | Alert | October 10, 2018
- FOIA and Public Records: IHSA 3, BGA 0 | Alert | May 22, 2017